In Step 4 you will be removing the flags over time.
- After your dog has been successfully out on in the yard unsupervised for at least a week you can remove every other flag.
- After a week remove every other flag again. There should only be a few flags left.
- And finally, after another week remove the rest of the flags.
- If after removing any of the flags your dog tries to cross the line, you may need to put a few back in and wait a longer period of time.
- Once you have removed all the flags you only need to remember to change out old batteries or recharge the collars. If you buy your system from us we will send you Replace Your Battery reminder emails.
Frequently asked question for Step 4
I have removed the flags and the dog has started to challenge the line or seems to walk into the correction area more, what can I do?
It is possible that your dog just needs little more time with the flags to understand the boundary. Put some flags back into the ground, especially near the problem areas and leave them in for several weeks. Then start Step 4 over again.
If you would like to learn the best way to take your dog for a walk, see Step 5.